Includes outreach to adaptive and veteran rowers. Adaptive develops and oversees rowing programs that are customized for physically and intellectually disabled athletes and promotes club diversity and inclusiveness.
Mike McGovern chair
Capital Equipment Task Force
In accordance with the mission of AARC to promote the sport of rowing within our community, AARC acquires, manages and maintains a fleet of rowing shells and other related equipment for use by the organization’s membership. The CETF oversees the management, maintenance and monitoring of capital assets, under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Sean Connors, Chair
Board of Directors
Scope of Responsibility
- Maintains master inventory of capital assets (purchase date, models, serial numbers, etc)
- Annual review of the AARC capital assets.
- Develops, maintains and monitors a master boat replacement plan
- Develops, maintains and monitors a master equipment maintenance plan to ensure good working order of club assets
- Recommends, procures and proposes purchase of capital assets to Board of Directors
- Recommends and executes sale/donation/disposal of assets to the Board of Directors as necessary
- Reviews all major repairs needs and recommends type of action to the Board of Directors
- Manages above within designated budget as assigned by the Board of Directors
Conduct Review Board (CRB)
The purpose of the CRB is to review members' submitted concerns regarding behaviors that potentially violate the club's Code of Conduct. The CRB will review the details of reported incidents and make recommendations for appropriate responses to such incidents. Please see Code of Conduct for a more detailed description of the review process. To report a conduct-related incident use the Conduct Incident Report link.
Mike McGovern, Chair
PBO Rack Administration
Oversees management of rack spaces for privately owned boats. Implements processes for fair & equitable access to the space resource including annual requirements for space and managing a wait-list.
Michelle Nemshak, Chair
Responsible for ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to promote safety and prevent mishaps.
Nora Krinitsky, Chair
The AARC Social Committee coordinates social events throughout the season to help rowers get to know one another and foster community among our members.
AARC endeavors to make rowing accessible to the broad community. Scholarships are available to those with financial need to support participation.
AARC is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations made to AARC may be eligible for tax deduction. Please check with your tax consultant.